I conducted interviews with stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the company's logistics and finance processes in Argentina. I also interviewed the firm's customs brokers and freight forwarders about their systems and workflows.
I systematically identified patterns in incorrectly-billed commercial invoices by reviewing pricing contracts, terms of payment, terms of delivery, packing lists, and bills of lading.
Based on my findings, I held weekly meetings with the company's customs brokers and freight forwarders to evaluate their performance. In these meetings, I communicated patterns that I was seeing and worked to co-create solutions.
Throughout the course of this project, I developed and implemented a system for tracking and evaluating supplier KPIs. I also partnered with the logistics and finance departments, to redesign workflows for billing and cost reporting in Argentina that were later scaled across the region.
• Identification of billing errors
• Weekly meetings to review supplier performance
• System for tracking & evaluating supplier KPIs
• Redesigned workflows
• Financial forecasts
• Strengthened visbility into freight forwarder & customs broker performance
• Reduced delay in logistics cost reporting
• More timely payment of suppliers
• Improved accuracy of financial forecasting